What Is The Best 2 Person Tent For The Money In 2017?
Outdoor adventuring is one of the greatest challenges in life. It gives you a feeling of fulfilment and enjoyment in the most uncomfortable situations. It includes hiking, backpacking, mountain climbing, and camping.
Hiking is a long, dynamic walk over trails or in the countryside. A day hike is the most common hike because it can be completed within a day; in other countries especially in mountainous areas, overnight hikes are commonplace.
Backpacking is a kind of ultimate outdoor activity where all your essential gear and tools are carried with you. Usually, backpacking involves camping outdoors.
Tent Buying Guides
Camping is a recreational outdoor activity involving overnight stays away from the house, in a shelter such as a tent. Families and friends usually overnight camp during summer nights.
Hiking, backpacking, camping are three popular outdoor adventures. They can require the use of a sturdy tent. Tents provide protection from insects, rain, and other unwanted elements while you are out in the wilderness.
They also provide comfort that increases fun and enjoyment while you are on your outdoor adventure.
A tent is a shelter that is made of sheets of fabric and other materials; these materials are attached to poles or supporting ropes to secure it to the ground to avoid being displaced or blown away. The most common type of tent is the 2-person tent, which can accommodate two adult campers.
Features of the Best 2 Person Tent
Having the right kind of tent provides the ultimate safety and comfort for outdoor enthusiasts. Campers understand that getting the best 2-person tent is important and can help provide the ultimate camping experience.
So, before going out to buy a new tent for your next hike, make sure that you check the following features.
Type of tent
It is a must to know the different types of tents so you can choose which suits your needs and outdoor style. The types of tents are double-wall tents, tarp tents, and ultralight shelters.
The double-wall tents come in different types: the two-door tents, front-entrance tents, and single-side entrance tents. Double-wall tents are composed of three parts including the waterproof outer tent or rainfly, poles, and the inner tent with waterproof floor and non-water resistant roof.
Unfortunately, double-wall tents weigh more than the other types of tents, but they provide complete protection against weather changes and insects.
Tarp tents have single walls, a built-in floor, and bug netting. They are lighter than the double-wall tents and are easier to set up. Although they provide protection against unwanted elements, they are prone to interior moisture.
The ultralight shelters do not come with poles, making them very light to carry on a hike and other outdoor activities. They are usually wider at the head than the foot.
They come in two types: the A-frame tarp which is the lightest and most adaptable type of shelter, and the pyramid type which is stronger and most weather resistant.
Tents are made of different types of materials such as fabric, polyurethane-coated fabrics, SilNylon, and Cuben Fiber. The weight depends on the kind of fabric used.
They lightest fabric is the 10D while most tent floors are made of 40-70D. Most tent floors and flies are made of fabric.
The polyurethane-coated fabrics are used by most economical tents; it is waterproof. The PU coatings in cheaper tents are more susceptible to hydrolysis or chemical breakup.
Cuben Fiber is the lightest, most durable, and strongest waterproof material used in tents today.
Weight should be the first thing to consider in a tent. You do not want to carry a heavy load while you are hiking. With a heavy load, you will easily get tired and won’t be able to have fun during the hike.
The weight of the tent depends on the capacity and materials used. There are 2-person tents that you can find that are lightweight and easy to transport.
Some cheap tents have these characteristics but beware of the materials they are made of. They might get easily be damaged or ripped, leading to unsafe use.
There are other factors that should be considered when buying a tent. These are the wall construction, capacity, design, interior space, cost, and more.
The Top 5 Best 2-Person Tents
If you are looking for a spacious tent that has a lightweight and compact design, the Blue Ridge Family Outfitters Summer Camping Tent is the best for you. It is very roomy for a 2 person tent; in fact, it can accommodate up to 4 adult campers. It can be carried while hiking and backpacking because it has a lightweight and compact design. It comes with a carry bag in which all the other parts such as poles, removable fly, and stakes are kept.
- Improves ventilation inside the tent because of its two entry doors.
- Made of water repellent 1500mm polyester as protection against rain.
- Comes with removable fly for quick air circulation.
- Comes with carry bag.
- Poles are strong to give structure to the tent.
- Can accommodate more than 2 adult campers.
- The Blue Ridge Family Outfitters Summer Camping Tent is made with two entry doors which make your entry and exit convenient. These doors also improve the circulation of air into and out of the tent. It makes the inside of the tent cool, even on hot days.
- It is waterproof and prevents the rain water get into the tent because it is made with water-repellent material.
- It comes with a carry bag making the whole tent package easy to transport.
- Blue Ridge Family Outfitters Summer Camping Tent is one of the more expensive tents on the market today. But with its features and advantages, this tent is worth the price.
The Coleman brand is one of the world’s most trusted brands when it comes to outdoor gear and equipment. When it comes to tents, the Coleman Pop Up Tent is the easiest tent to set up. Therefore, it is ideal for beginners and families who loves spur-of-the-moment campouts.
- As light as 7 lbs.
- Provides good ventilation, even when raining.
- Has a rollaway to prevent insects and other unwanted elements from getting inside.
- Comes with lots of mesh.
- Has detachable rain fly for improved airflow.
- Has a nice look.
- Small and compact in size.
- The Coleman Pop Up Tent can be easily set up in as fast as 1 minute.
- It has a detachable rain fly that keeps air circulating inside the tent especially during hotter days and nights.
- It has a compact design, making it easier to carry and store in small compartments.
- The Coleman Pop Up Tent protects your privacy with the rollaway. In addition, the rollaway also serves as protection against mosquitoes, insects, and other unwanted elements.
- It can be conveniently set up anywhere you want it.
- There is a tendency that rain will fall through the rain fly and get inside the tent.
- The peak height of the tent might not be enough for taller people.
The Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent is a unique 2-person tent with lots of features and advantages. While it is loaded with features, it is lightweight, making it very convenient to carry along difficult trails and backpacking adventures. Many campers love the Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent because of its features and advantages, as shown in the following portion. The cons or drawbacks are also presented.
- The Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent has a unique design because it has a living room which not only serves as an extra space for the 2 adult campers, but also provides more airflow and ventilation inside the tent. During hot days and nights, condensation will be reduced and cool air will be kept inside the tent.
- It is ideal for 4 seasons meaning that it comes with materials that protect campers against different weather conditions. It has a built-in snow skirt that is ideal for cold and snowy weather, and mesh areas which provide a more-improved airflow during summer and spring.
- It comes with aluminum poles which provide superior strength and stability against strong winds.
- The Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent weighs only 6.2 pounds and the packed size is 6.3” x 6.3” x 6.18”. Another reason for this lightweight feature is the ultra-light 20D PU800mm waterproof silicon-coated nylon, which the entire tent body is made of.
- The Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent comes as a complete package. It has a fly sheet, storage pocket, folding aluminum poles with carry bag, and aluminum tent pegs with carry bag, four reflective ropes, and a large carry bag for all components.
- The Geertop 4- Season 2- Person 20D Alpine Tent overcomes different weather conditions because of its 4-season capability.
- It is built in with a snow skirt to keep the insides of the tent comfortable.
- It is lightweight, only weighs 6.2 pounds, and is compact when packed for backpacking or transporting across difficult trails.
- Its ultra-light 20D PU800mm waterproof silicon-coated nylon material offers a lightweight feature.
- The aluminum poles are sturdy and can withstand strong winds.
- While the Geertop 4-Season 2-Person 20D Alpine Tent has a living room that provides space for fresh air entry and exit, its rain fly is too small and the air hardly enters through it.
Another best 2-person tent today is the Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent. It offers flexibility, strength, and comfort for outdoor activities. The important features of a good tent can be found in this Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent, including ease of set up, light weight, and more. Many campers and backpackers are pleased with Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent. The following are the features, pros, and cons that will help you decide whether or not to buy the Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent.
- The Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent has a huge door for easy entry and exit, and 2 windows built with a rain fly. These doors and windows, plus the mesh vents and cool air port improve fresh air entry and exit, therefore improving the ventilation inside the tent.
- The polyethylene floor prevents water from leaking into the tent. The tent is also built with welded seams to guard against a leaky floor.
- Electricity can be brought inside the tent with its small zippered electrical access port for AC power.
- The interior storage pocket provides space to store your valuables and other items.
- Another best feature is the ease of setting it up and folding it down. The instructions are sewn on the carry bag.
- Other practical features of Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent are the flashlight loop on its ceiling, carry sacks, fire retardant materials, and stakes. It offers a complete package that creates the ultimate comfort while camping.
- Has an interior storage pocket for a more organized inside of the tent
- Easy to set up and fold down with the instructions conveniently sewn in the carry bag
- Has a polyethylene floor that prevents floor leaks
- Well-ventilated tent
- Easy entry and exit with its two doors
- Provides opportunity to bring electricity inside
- The Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent may not be suitable during cold days and nights because it has a lot of mesh, two doors, and windows suitable for ventilation.
The final best 2-person tent is the Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person 3-Season Tent. While most of the 2-person tents are just big enough for 2 adult campers, this tent intended for 2 persons too has a large floor space more than enough for 2 adult campers. Aside from the floor space, the Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person 3 Season Tent is loaded with features and advantages.
- The Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person 3 Season Tent has dimensions of 56” by 43” by 92” when set up, and 7.5” by 18” when folded down and packed. Its other dimensions are 35 square feet of the main floor space, and 14 square feet for the vestibule space. Its weight is 11 ounces. These features make the entire tent comfortable to live in and carry along on any outdoor adventure.
- It can be used during spring, fall, and summer.
- It has a polyurethane coating and mesh wall panels that keep the entire tent breathable and durable.
- The inside of the tent is kept dry because of the bathtub floor taped seams. The moisture from the outside is also prevented from coming through the seams.
- The Mountainsmith Morrison 2- Person 3 Season Tent is very lightweight and convenient
- The bathtub floor taped seams keep the insides dry and prevent moisture and water from coming in
- The dimensions of the tent are large enough, even more than enough, for two adult campers
- Easy to set up and the instructions are found in the stuff sack
- The mesh wall panels promote proper ventilation and air circulation
- It is made of durable materials that are not easily torn or damaged
- You might find Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person 3 Season Tent as one of the most expensive 2-person tents on the market today.
Whether hiking, camping, backpacking, or any other outdoor adventure, you need a sturdy tent that will provide you with a comfortable and safe shelter while you are away from your home. While there are many kinds of tents today, the most common are the 2-person tents.
In this article, we have provided the guidelines for buying the best tent. These include the important factors to consider including the weight, capacity, materials used, and more.
With these factors in mind, we have reviewed the five best 2-person tents. Surely, depending on your preferences and outdoor needs, you will find one that will suit your needs best. Some of them are expensive; others are budget friendly.
But one thing is for sure—when you choose one of these best 2-person tents it will be worth the money you pay for it. Have a fun camp out!